  From: Tom Jordahl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 9:45 AM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: RE: Web Service - this gets error . can anyone see why?

  Mike,

  Yes, enumeration is the problem here.

  I have fixed this, and I am working to try and get this fix available to
  customers.

  I apologize for this bug.  No test for a situation means it doesn't work.
  Now we have an enumeration test. :-)

  In the mean time, try this workaround:

  <cfscript>

    ws = CreateObject("webservice",
  http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx?wsdl
  <http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx?wsdl> );

    enum = CreateObject("java", "NET.webserviceX.www.Currency");

    argFrom = enum.fromString("GBP");

    argTo = enum.fromString("USD");

    result = ws.ConversionRate(argFrom, argTo);

  </cfscript>

  The above workaround has one tricky problem however; you will need to copy
  the class NET.webserviceX.www.Currency to a directory on the ColdFusion
  classpath.  I suggest C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\WEB-INF\classes (adjust to your
  installation directory).

  Here is how to do that:

  1. Run this page at least once and get the Class Not Found error.
  2. Go to the CFusionMX/stubs directory and find the WS-????????
  directory that has the NET sub directory.
  3. Copy the NET directory to wwwroot/WEB-INF/class.
  4. Delete all the .class files in the NET/webserviceX.www directory
  EXCEPT Currency.class.

  Sean Cornfield originally brought the issue up tome because of a thread on
  CFGURU .  Here is his web log posting on how to debug these issues:
  http://www.corfield.org/blog/past/2004_01.html#000252
  <http://www.corfield.org/blog/past/2004_01.html#000252>

  Hope this helps.

  --