Ok, I'm not really sure what is going on here, but this is very confusing.

I've got a form that calls an action CFC that in turn calls a method of a CFC instance in the session scope.  This CFC is a composite of several other CFC's that encapsulate different aspects of the system.  Inside these CFC's there is function that adds and another that updates data in a database with the data collected in the original form.  One of the fields being modified in the database is the User ID that I am getting from the CGI.Auth_User populated from the Integrated Windows Authentication mechanism from the IIS server at the time of the Query being processed.

This works correctly most of the time, but too frequently (roughly 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 tries) I get in error from the database because the required User ID value provided from CGI.Auth_User is empty.

After working really hard to track this problem it seems that somewhere along the line the CFC's seem to get lost?  Capturing the CGI structure at each CFC I am finding that when the error occurs, I get very strange values for the CGI keys.  The one the really catches my eye is that CF_TEMPLATE_PATH, PATH_TRANSLATED and SCRIPT_NAME contain an unrelated template from our website ... apparently different random templates each time I capture the error?  What could possible be causing this?  Anybody run in to anything like this?

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.