From: Jon Block, College Publisher Developer
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 10:29 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Please help - Windows XP & Virtual Drives.. I need help

This is basically a repost but I really need a solution and there have
got to be other developers dealing with this problem... here's the
problem - It seems Windows XP (probably Windows 2003 Server too) does
not see my virtual drives. I'm having the same problem with Apache. By
virtual drives, I mean network mapped drives or local mappings I create
with subst. Take a look at this source code where I try to create a "Y:"
drive and then look at the result I get.... I'm totally stuck and I need
help!!! The problem seems to be that services in Windows XP can't see
the damn virtual drives. In my code sample below, it looks like CF is
spawning a DOS prompt that runs as the logged in user rather than the
service. I've tried setting the permissions on both the virtual drive
and the physical source directory to be open to everybody. I've also
tried setting the Coldfusion Application Server user role to run as the
local account and the administrator of the machine. I've also tried
toggling the "interact with desktop" option. Nothing seems to work.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you!!!!!!!
--------------------------
cfexecute returns "<cfexecute name="C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\subst.exe"
arguments="Y: C:\virtualdrives\ydrive" timeout="6"></cfexecute>"<br>
<cfoutput>
Here are the drives that I can see...<br>
<CFLOOP index="i"
list="a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z">
directoryExists("#i#:\") =
#directoryExists("#i#:\")#<br>
</CFLOOP>
</cfoutput>
--------------------------
cfexecute returns "Drive already SUBSTed "
Here are the drives that I can see...
directoryExists("a:\") = NO
directoryExists("b:\") = NO
directoryExists("c:\") = YES