The .ldb file problem is "an access thing", and the best long term solution
*is* to not use a desktop database for a web application.  That's not a
practically solution for everyone...

The ldb file represents a connection to your database from an application
(CF in your case).  Even if you rid yourself of it using a bogus query or
other method, it will return the second your web app gets another hit.  If
you have any traffic at all on your app, you might consider actually taking
the app offline when you are trying to move around the database like this.
I've used a short message and a <cfabort> at the top of the application.cfm
file before to accomplish this.

Also, remember that CF may cache the connection to your Access DB unless
"Maintain Connections" is unchecked in the CFADMIN for this ODBC connection.
You may want to have your ISP double check that setting if you are unsure
that it's unchecked.

Finally, it can be helpful to make a copy of your DB and download the copy
rather than the live DB.  Copying the DB is alot quicker than downloading it
and the time window you need to leave open for a copy is much more
manageable.

-Cameron

Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc