On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 07:50, Massimo Foti wrote:
> > Anybody know if Xpath in CF is fully compliant with all functions,
> > expressions,etc... Of the spec?
> >
> > I tried to use the value() function and got a not defined error. Its
> > certainly possible I implemented wrong, but I know how CF likes to do
> > partial implementations every so often ;)
> >
> The problem is that XmlSearch() works only with XPath expressions that
> returns an array of XML elelemts (NodeList). Anything else will throw an
> exception.

<side_note>
If you use XmlTransform and <cfsavecontent to do xml searches, however,
is uses Xerces so that is fully compatible with the same Xpath version
as Xerces XSLT (Xpath 1.0 I think).  I would assume (as most coders hate
to write the same thing twice) that the XmlSearch is using the same sort
of process with a bit of MM intervention.
</side_note>

--
Vale,
Rob