> Is there a means of determining if a CF session has timed
> out? For instance, in the context of a shopping cart
> application. I've seen applications on other sites where
> you get a message to the effect of "Your session has
> expired" rather than just a "Your shopping cart is empty".
> I'm trying to figure out how to do this.
>
> I can check to see if certain session variables exist, but
> can't think of a way to tell whether they were never set
> or if they existed at one time and have now "gone away"
> due to the session expiring.

To the best of my knowledge, you can only tell if a session exists or
doesn't exist - there's no session timeout event. However, I think you can
easily build what you want by ensuring that you create a "flag" variable
when a session is initiated.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496