Hi guys,

In the UK exists premium sms billing whereby a customer can text message
(sms) a particular number (a 5-digit number in the UK) with a few
keywords say for instance CINEMA SW6 (SW6 is a London postcode) and then
almostly instantly he/she can receive a reply with all the cinema
listings at the local cinema (this is just an example I stress).  On
receiving the information he/she will be charged a set fee, probably
50p.

Is there anything like that in other countries?  And if so, how does it
work?  I live in Australia now and then and am pretty sure it exists but
would be interested in knowing for sure.  As with USA, Canada, France
and any other country?

Cheers,

Stuart