With a 1meg+ file, you want it sub 10 seconds?

I think you're hoping for far too much... Think about that the OS has to
pass that file to CF, which for a file of that size, is going to take
more than 10 seconds anyway

Try opening a 1meg+ file in Notepad - it'll take a LOT more than 10
seconds just to do that...

Also, normally, a Replace() will be faster than a REReplace(), so stick
with that