Rob,

Thanks for the feedback.

I am running the Bash shell and I ran the following and it failed:

<cfexecute name="/bin/ls" arguments="-z 2>&1" variable="result" timeout="60"></cfexecute>
<cfoutput>#result#</cfoutput>

Also, I deliberately made and error with ls arguement by putting a "-z", which is an invalid option.  This produces output to standard error but with the above code, CF is unable to capture it.

Hope to hear back from you.

Dave Adams