There are other ways to handle that then forcing every subscriber to
remember to type in the list name on replies than setting the list to reply
to sender. Out-of-office messages will have repeated content and thus can be
detected as a loop.  The text "out of office" and all variants can be
detected.

Besides it's been a long time since there was an out-of-office program that
sent out a reply to each message--most send a notice only once to each
person.

Of the twelve lists I'm on, none of them have reply to sender set.  I was on
one that had it and hated it 'cause I always forgot to change it and then
got nasty replies back from people saying I should reply to the list.

My $0.02.

Sam