----- Original Message -----
From: "Ubqtous" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: CF5 Error Handler Form

> Jim,
>
> On Tuesday, February 17, 2004, 10:10:30 PM, you wrote:
>
> JM> <cferror type="request"
> JM>          template="err/global.cfm"
> JM>          mailto="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
>
> If you're on CF5+, you can use type="exception" which allows full use
> of Cold Fusion code in its error handler, which means you can
> automatically email the error, write it to a file etc. Unless you
> really want to capture user comments on the error, this eliminates the
> need for type="request" as your primary error handler.

I wasn't aware of the type="exception".  Why would it preclude capturing user
comments as might be entered into a form?

> If your site is on a dedicated server, you can also configure a server
> wide error handler in CF Administrator (which allows CF code as well)
> that will catch all errors--no need for CFERROR.

I'll look into that.  So long as I can detect which web site and which
template it came from (or at least which physical file the error occured in).

> As for the form processor for your existing set up, Philip's
> suggestion of a mapping is a good way to go.

Are we talking about a CF-server level mapping?

> If you are unable to set
> up the mapping, simply place a form processor 'shell' module in each
> sub-directory that does nothing but CFINCLUDE your common processor
> code.

Ugh.