From: Kevin Langevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 4:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: I need a host. Intermedia testimonials

I've actually just built a rinky-dink server (AMD K6-2 350 w/160 MB Ram, a
13 GB 7200RPM IDE HD and an excellent 10/100 NIC, and a friend who's
involved with me in the South Florida CFUG colocated it at the company for
which he's the CTO.  Nice to have those kinds of connections.  Anyway, it's
all mine, only has a couple two-three domains right now, and handles
everything I need it to do.  SOmetimes this is the best idea.  I had all the
parts for the machine laying around, so it isn't costing me anything.  But
even if this weren't the situation, a few of you guys pooling some cash
together to buy a $1,500 machine, and colocating it with someone like
Comstar or one of the other larger companies that do colocation would solve
your problems.  I think you can colocate your own server with most places
for like $500 a month.  Get 10 of you together, pay the same $50 a month
you're paying now, and as long as you can trust one another to respect each
other's space, you'd be golden.

<CFUG-SFL Manager>
-Kev
</CFUG-SFL Manager>

Brian L. Wolfsohn        http://www.cus.com
CUS Business Systems     Ft.Lauderdale,FL
Software for Auctioneers (954) 565-5600     Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
the body.

the body.