Lola Lee wrote
>What if a string of characters, formatted just the same as a GUID but
>with one less character, was used?  According to my coworker, this
>would validate just the same as a real GUID.

It sure would.  Read the earlier posts on this.  You are mistaking
cfqueryparam for a data input validator, and that's not its purpose.
One tool that is can be found here:

http://cflib.org/udf.cfm?ID=742

And besides, when would your example ever happen?  When would you expose
a GUID to user input in the first place?  Shouldn't you be generating
these yourself, *way* outside the control of mere mortals?

http://cflib.org/udf.cfm?ID=54