Sorry. There is not a common date function between databases. Turns out date
functions are propritary in nature -- and varry greatly between databases.

Take a look Ben Forta's article,
The Case Against Coding for Portability - DATABASES ARE DIFFERENT, on
using database functions for applications at
http://www.sys-con.com/coldfusion/article.cfm?id=705

P.S. You can add sysdate() for those using Oracle. now() however works in MS Access.

Jeremy Brodie
Edgewater Technology

web: http://www.edgewater.com
phone:(703) 815-2500