  From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 12:31 PM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: RE: CFMX - How do i end "client" variable state at browser close?

  > I use CLIENT variables to maintain state in an application
  > for when a user logs in, for example. I want the variable
  > state to be lost when the browser closes. What is the *best*
  > way to ensure that the CFID and CFTOKEN cookies expire when
  > the browser closes? CFMX seems to be dropping permanent cookies
  > by default. That means that when the user returns to the
  > site, they are still logged in even after they quit the browser...

  You'll need to write the cookies yourself:

  <cfapplication ... setclientcookies="no">

  <cfif not IsDefined("Cookie.CFID")>
  <cfcookie name="CFID" value="#Client.CFID#">
  <cfcookie name="CFTOKEN" value="#Client.CFTOKEN#">
  </cfif>

  Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
  http://www.figleaf.com/
  phone: 202-797-5496