Thanks for that Chris and Tom,

I think i went over my head as i found this script at http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/examples/choose_form_source.html which seemed to work pretty cool. (Example of it working is at http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/examples/choose_form.html).

I thought i'd try and change the script so instead of using radio buttons it would use a dropdown box... that's where all my troubles started! :)

I tried your code Chris but nothing happened, no errors either.

Am I missing something (apart from _javascript_ knowledge!).

Stuart

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: "Lofback, Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date:  Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:21:03 -0500

>You probably want to use the onChange event for the select list itself, something like this (untested code) :
>
><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="_javascript_">
> function doSwitchDIV(oSelList) {
>  var val = oSelList.options[oSelList.selectedIndex].value;
>  if (val == 'forsale') switchDiv('ez');
>  if (val == 'forrent') switchDiv('full');
>  if (val == 'forlease') switchDiv('superduper');
> }
></SCRIPT>
>
><cfform name="the_form">
><tr height="12" valign="top">
><td align="left"><cfselect name="PropertyDataHouseType" class="#SMSformStyle1#">
><option value="forsale">For Sale</option>
><option value="forrent">For Rent</option>
><option value="forlease">For Lease</option>   
></cfselect></td>
><td align="left">�</td>
><td align="left">�</td>
></tr>
></cfform>
>
>
>Chris
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Stuart Kidd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 11:10 AM
>To: CF-Talk
>Subject: select boxes and _javascript_
>
>
>Hi guys,
>
>I'm trying to work out how to trigger my _javascript_ within a select box:
>
><cfform name="the_form">
><tr height="12" valign="top">
><td align="left"><cfselect name="PropertyDataHouseType" class="#SMSformStyle1#">
><option value="forsale" Sale</option>
><option value="forrent" Rent</option>
><option value="forlease" Lease</option>   
></cfselect></td>
><td align="left">�</td>
><td align="left">�</td>
></tr>
></cfform>
>
>I've tried all types like onMouseOut, OnChange, onClick, does anyone know what i should be using?  It's setting off a script to show the appropriate DIV.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Stuart
>
>
>
>
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to