From: Stuart Kidd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 11:57 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFabort

I was thinking of a way how to stop use of my website at times of database
backups and such and other critical stuff.

Would it be a smart to put a line of code on all my pages that reads
something like

<cfif #accessibility# is "stop">
Sorry, the site is down for critical updates.  It will be up again shortly.
(or i could have an include file).
<cfabort>
</cfif>

To trigger this I could just have a variable in my application.cfm that
states.

<cfset accessibility = "start">

and when i want to stop access to the site i can go in and change it to:

<cfset accessibility = "stop">

Does that seem like a smart move?

Cheers,

Stuart