By the way Bob, the way I like to deal with this is to think of things as objects to get the most bang for the buck and develop as follows:

- form page to get the data which posts to an action page. I use the same form page for adding and modifying.
- action page checks for duplication and does any inserts. I also use the same action page for modifying and deleting, etc. Remember to use cftransaction to process queries as a unit.
- action page sends you to a display page with any needed flags (added, modified, exists, delete, etc) via the use of cflocation.
- The display page is an object that display's data based on any action you are doing whether it's entering data, modifying data, deleting data or displaying data. An "add another" button is friendly.

If you don't want to use this form of development, use session and application varables sparingly. It's better to set a hidden form variable. Don't do the insert if the hidden form variable has been set.

Again a million flavors, but I enjoy the flavors of objects the best. More bang for the buck.
Click Here