Yes, it is possible.

Take a look at our "Commonly Asked Questions" page at http://www.bloodsource.org/HowYouCanHelp/DonateBlood/Commonly_asked_question.cfm.  I think this is similar to what you are trying to do.  If you click on the various questions in the left column, the content of the center column content changes.  The content comes in a wide variety of lengths.  This is done with CSS and _javascript_.

If this what you need to do, feel free to contact me if you have any questions on how it was put together.
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
     - Cynthia Dunning

PS.  The table does refresh it self in all the browsers I've test this in.