Jedit (http://jedit.org/) does split screen. See Joshua Miller's site
at http://www.joshuasmiller.com/jedit/ for info on macros and plugins
to emulate some of the bu8ilt-in functionality of Dreamweaver/Homesite.
I've been using it a while. It's not bad, the code insight provided
through the XML plugin needs some work but it's a very usable editor.
--
Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"You know, if I can survive marching band, I can survive anything"