Neal did you see this:
-----------------------------
From: Erika L Walker-Arnold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 11:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Marketing / Design ???

<snip>

BUT ... your continue shopping button is not really usable ... you use a
_javascript_ GoBack ... and when I pushed it the first itme, I looked at
my cart in the upper right hand corner and it said $0. I was like "Wha?"
then I refreshed, and there it was.

You should likely pass along either the last item they were looking at
and get them back to a new view of that page, or send them back to the
front of the site .. this will at least refresh the page they were on,
and update the status of their cart immediately.