From: Gregory Gooden (Annex) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 6:12 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [OT- no it's not, a lot of CF sites are hosted there.] My
RANT against Interland.

In possible defense of them... (although I've never done business with
them)...

All MY servers were open to attack (we host our own stuff, but have quite a
few people we HOST cf for as well) as well, and a few customers contacted me
about it and we had it all fixed in less than 4 hours..

BUT... We're a small company... Interland MIGHT be one of those companies
with servers all over various co-located spots, and larger companies don't
have the flexibility to go "making changes" right and left.. They have to be
ready for rollback plans.. What if some of their customers are using HTR?
What if they have a policy about applying service packs or hotfixes to
PRODUCTION machines (we do, and we're small!).

The only reason we were able to respond so fast is because we know our
customerbase (being small), and were able to use the quick fix.. disable
HTR..

Gregory

annex.com, Inc. - http://www.annex.com/
- If you EcoBuild it, they will come. -