One method would be to include Page B with a _javascript_ include (<script src="" and have Page B put the string you're after into a _javascript_ variable.  After the include, your code can see that variable as if it were on the same page.

I'm sure there's more elegant solutions though.

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikhil Madani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 1:20 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: _javascript_: Retrieving Remote HTML

I know this forum might not be the most relevant place for _javascript_ help, but anyway here is my problem:

On a certain page A, I have a _javascript_ function that needs to retrieve
HTML code from another web page B, possibly on another server.I know for a fact that the page I'm trying to reach will output a single string and I need to set a _javascript_ variable with that value.

(For those curious, this other page is a cfm page where I create a string
value based on the url params)

Any ideas?

TIA
Nik