>Dwayne,
>
>We don't rely on session variables for this sort of function as as you have
>found with the new privacy stuff in IE, sessions cannot be relied upon.....

This is awful. Hundreds of thousands of websites can be affected

>Instead, the way we do it is that we have a field in the orders table that
>indicates completion of the payment or not. We insert the basket contents
>into the order tables BEFORE we go to the payment gateway and when we
>transfer to the gateway, we pass a custom form field that carries the Order
>ID (most payment gateways do this).

Instead of passing the orderID I would rather pass the CFID and the CFTOKEN.  It serves the same purpose, a way to reference the the order once the user is returned. What ever the case LinkPoint Basic, at least as far I have tried, allows for you to pass customed fields but the values of the fields are empty when the shopper returns.