At 4:53 PM 3/15/4, Dick Applebaum wrote:
> Has anyone looked at this product?
>   <http://www.laszlosystems.com/>
> As near as I can tell it is an XML-Driven implementation
> of RIA using _javascript_ (but includes OO constructs).

Useful, huh? Its closest parallel is likely Macromedia Flex, and there are
similarities with Mozilla XUL and Microsoft XAML too. ColdFusion usually
uses HTML and tags to do serverside creation of HTML files, while Flex uses
XML and parameterizable components to do serverside creation of SWF.

XML interface layout is a big thing now, lots of activity in this area. Try
searching at MXNA or FullasaGoog with terms like "xaml" or "laszlo" for
more conversation.

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd