>You are correct, of course -- It does use Flash -- I think that Laszlo
>sees Flash as a winner (much as New Atlanta sees CFML as a winner).
>
>But, since MM gives away the Flash player and Sells The IDE, I think
>anything that provides an alternative to buying the IDE is a
>competitor, No?

Well, yes, if this were really an alternative IDE. Laszlo does not have an
IDE that I see. They assume you'll use another IDE to code your Laszlo
applications (which is fine by me). Further, from what I read on various
mailing lists from the true Flash pros, most of *them* don't even use the
Flash IDE for most of their development work (most of which is in
ActionScript).

>One thing I haven;t been able to determine is what LZ (Hate typing
>Laszlo) sells -- and how much it costs.

They sell the J2EE EAR/WAR file that contains the Laszlo engine. It's akin
to how Macromedia (most likely) will be offering the Flex engine when it's
done (integration with Blackstone aside, perhaps). As for price, they seem
to be like any other vendor who sells a pricey product....you have to work
through a sales person to negotiate cost! Macromedia does with with products
like Breeze, for example.

Regards,
Dave.