have you tried this:

-----Original Message-----
From: AustralianAccommodation.com Pty. Ltd.
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 10:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Browser Cash issues and cf

------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C0032B.B812F0E0

My home page has links to the search areas of my site however unless the =
user is logged on they are not permitted to gain access to those search =
areas

so far so good

I then had it set so that after a successful logon the browser would =
return to the home page however with the aid of cf if statements the =
home page would display the links that would allow access to the search =
facilities as it would detect that the user is logged in. if the user =
was not logged in the cf if statements would cause the original links to =
be displayed that prevented search facility access to non members

I hope you are still with me ??

all was fine until I found that some users have their web browsers set =
to never check for new versions of a file and so the browsers would =
check for a cached file first. The problem being that the cached file =
would have the restricted linked and would display those even for =
members who have logged in successfully

how can I get around this problem

I thought of sending the successful logged in user to a different named =
file with the links that provide user access however if that logged on =
user click on the home page the home page will come up which will once =
again display the non accessible links as it pulls it from the cache.

I hope I am making sense and I hope there is a easy solution to this one

Kind Regards

Claude Raiola (Director)
AustralianAccommodation.com Pty. Ltd.
Website: www.AustralianAccommodation.com
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C0032B.B812F0E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My home page has links to the search =
areas of my=20
site however unless the user is logged on they are not permitted to gain =
access=20
to those search areas</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>so far so good</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I then had it set so that after a =
successful logon=20
the browser would return to the home page however with the aid of cf if=20
statements the home page would display the links that would allow access =
to the=20
search facilities as it would detect that the user is logged in. if the =
user was=20
not logged in the cf if statements would cause the original links to be=20
displayed that prevented search facility access to non =
members</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hope you are still with me =
??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>all was fine until I found that some =
users have=20
their web browsers set to never check for new versions of a file and so =
the=20
browsers would check for a cached file first. The problem being that the =
cached=20
file would have the restricted linked and would display those even for =
members=20
who have logged in successfully</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>how can I get around this =
problem</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I thought of sending the successful =
logged in user=20
to a different named file with the links that provide user access =
however if=20
that logged on user click on the home page the home page will come up =
which will=20
once again display the non accessible links as it pulls it from the=20
cache.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hope I am making sense and I hope =
there is a easy=20
solution to this one</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kind Regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Claude Raiola=20
(Director)<BR>AustralianAccommodation.com Pty. Ltd.<BR>Website: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.AustralianAccommodation.com">www.AustralianAccommodati=
on.com</A><BR>Email:=20
<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">Director@AustralianA=
ccommodation.com</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C0032B.B812F0E0--

the body.