Take a look over at http://www.cftutorials.com/ for a tutorial on one method
of building a login system. that should get you started down the path to
success.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Toevs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: > <<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 11:16 AM
Subject: Building the right tables and pages?

Hello,

I am currently trying to build a web site using CFM where people can
log-on with a username and password into the site and see information
that is meant for only them. Basically what the people at Onvia.com
have running on your site.

On their web site, you enter your email address and password then you
are logged in. The page says "Welcome back Jeremy Toevs" and also
displays a logout button. All the information that I am set up for is
displayed for me.

I want to run a site where parents login and can view their kids
grades and what not and no other kids grades. I need someones help.

I know a little bit about CFM. But not as much as you guys do. I was
wondering if you someone could fill me in on how I can set something
up similar to what they have running on Onvia.com. I just can't get
the tables right and things like that. I notice that when I log on to
thier site the page URL is: https://www.onvia.com/usa/my/index.cfm?
task=login. The part ...?task=login confuses me. How does it know
that it is me logged in. The only way I know how to do it is. ...?
loginname=jeremy&password=834kds. I am confused on the pages I need,
the coding I need and the tables I need. Basically, I am clueless at
this point in my CF writing.

What would really help is if someone could set up a few pages: a
login page, the page viewed after the login page, and then a page
after that. And also an Access Database with the proper tables and
email it to me. And I would be able to figure out the rest from their.

If you someone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. You
can contact me @ (503) 570-3157 or e-mail @ [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please
lend me a hand. I am building this site to help parents be more
involved with their kids school life. It is really important to me.

Sorry for the long message. But thank for your time,

Jeremy Toevs
Office: (503) 570-3157
Fax:    (503) 570-5079

body.