you could have a look at ISAPI_REWrite, http://www.isapirewrite.com/

HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: A.Little [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 11:39
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Redirect & cferror

Hi all,

We're in the process of combining our dept focussed intranet (iet-only)
and institution focussed intranet (iet-ou) into a single intranet
(iet-intranet) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to redirect
users who go to iet-only or iet-ou to the new site (as most of the pages
will be in exactly the same structure).

So far I've got a custom 404 message for the iet-only and iet-ou sites
(which point to a  directory that contains only the redirect page and
Application.cfm) and redirects to the new iet-intranet. This seems to
work fine for everything except .cfm files which give the CF-type
template not found error. I've tried using a cferror tag on the
Application.cfm to trap this, but it still seems to fail.

We need the redirect to work for any type of file, .doc, .pdf, .pps etc
- not just cfm files.

How can I trap a missing template (rather that missing include) using
cferror? I don't want to use the CF-admin sitewide handler because there
are other sites on the instance of CF which we do not want to use the
same missing template file. Or any other suggestions/advice on how to
achieve this would be appreciated.

I;ve also tried to look for a cgi script to intercept the requests and
change the domain name as they arrive at the web server - but I;ve not
found a suitable script (yet!).

Ta,

Alex
(btw we're using IIS5 & W2K)