From: Deanna Schneider [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 8:39 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: why are procedures better? (was: RE: Securing CF Apps.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Liotta
If that's all, I guess I'll continue to use cfquery.

I find that the most valid reason for using stored procedures is for
transaction processing. If I need to tie several pieces of functionality
together in one database hit, then I'll put it in a stored proc. For
example, I'm working on a nested set procedure right now, where I need to
find the placement of siblings in a tree, relative to a passed in value, and
then perform both and insert and an update. So, that's three queries that
all need to run together - perfect place for a stored proc.

For "security" alone? Yah, maybe if we had about three more people who did
nothing but write the stored procs for us.