> Use datetime datatypes with datediff/dateadd functions.

Will date time allow me to "insert" dates/times that are larger than 24
hours? I mean, no harm in trying, of course...

I was actually planning on taking advantage of datediff/dateadd, that's why
I was hoping a datetime datatype would suffice. But I was leery of doing
things like, INSERTing 27 hours, or 35.5 hours and whatnot.

So you store larger times, say 26.5 hours, in a date time object, then you
can output, say, "1 day, 2.5 hours"? etc? Is the cfoutput merely a date/time
formatting issue?