  From: Jeff Small [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 1:42 PM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: Re: Quick Question, RE: Datatype and future date/time calculation

  > you may have posted already, but a quick run-down of the final
  > application...

  Oh, I'm just looking for what would be considered the "best" datatype to
use
  to calculate time spent doing a task. A Task, which is stored in a task
  table, has a certain amount of "time" attached to it (TimeAllocated)...say
  anywhere from "fifteen minutes" to "three weeks (120 hours)". Another
table,
  related to the task table, will track accumulated time against a
particular
  task ("I spent half an hour yesterday, then three hours before lunch, then
  an hour after lunch, then Randy worked on it for an hour later...so the
  accumulated time should at this point be five and a half hours, if I were
  sum up all of the time spent so far...the allotted time is eleven hours,
so
  I can quickly see that I'm currently at fifty percent").

  I just want to make sure I store the times as "the correct" datatyoe that
  will allow me to perform all of those calculations using CF's date/time
  functions and a little basic math...then output them in the proper format
  (IE "There has been 7 hours and 45 minutes/7:45/7.5 hours spent so far,
and
  there are 15 more hours remaining of estimated time." and the myriad of
  other ways) using regular CF formatting tools.