> I would actually disagree with that.
>
> Someone in our office tried calling a custom tag that alters the generated
> content with cfmodule, and it did not work correctly, even though
> it worked when
> called the standard way. He used </cfmodule> at the end too.

What are you disagreeing with? I have it working fine. Using <cfmodule> is
not a non-standard way. What was the error?

* you can use <cfmodule template="..."> instead of <cf_...>
* you can use <cfmodule template="..."></cfmodule> instead of

Are there any functional differences between using <cf_> and <cfmodule>?
Apart from how you specify the location of the template, I'm not aware of
any. That doesn't mean there aren't any, because there are a lot of things
I'm not aware of.