> I found this query to return the date W/ a time value in Oracle in the
> forums.  This seems to be the only way to get it to retrieve a time value
> for me:
>
> <cfquery name="Get_DT" datasource="My_DS">
> select to_char(SYSDATE, 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') LAST_UPDATE
> from DUAL
> </cfquery>
>
> This works as i needed it to, but my problem is now updating that value in
> another table
>
> <cfquery name="Get_DT" datasource="My_DS">
> UPDATE MyTable set LAST_UPDATE = '#Get_DT.LAST_UPDATE#'
> </cfquery>
>
> This gives me an error stating it is an invalid date.  Any ideas on how to
> accomplish this??

Your CF variable #Get_DT.LAST_UPDATE# is a string. You need to convert it
back into a date for Oracle using TO_DATE() in your UPDATE statement.

Nick

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
contents to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.