From: Burns, John D [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 3:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF5 Services running as user - Now service won't start

We're trying to lock down some security on our servers by making CF
services run as a specified user instead of System.  We did this
successfully on a CFMX server yesterday without any problems, now today,
we're doing it on a CF5 server and having lots of troubles.

I set up the the CF Application Service, CF Executive Service and CF RDS
Service to all run under a local user account.  That user account has
full control in the C:\cfusion folder where CF is installed.  It also
has full access to the webroot folder on a different drive.  For some
reason though, when I stopped and restarted the services, the CF
Executive is the only one that would restart sucessfully.  The CF App
Service and the RDS Service give the following error:

Could not start the Cold Fusion Application Service on Local Computer.
The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
error or an internal service error.
If the problem persists, contact your System Administrator.

Did I do something wrong with the permissions?  Does CF5 have some other
setup that needs to take place?  Any advice or thoughts would be
EXTREMELY helpful.

By the way, the server is Windows 2000 and again, the CF version is 5.

John Burns

  _____