I'm trying to force an image to refresh with the following scenario:

1.  On a form page:

  a.  Create and display an image showing a randomly generated 4-digit
number.

  b.  Set a session variable based on the randomly generated number.

  c.  Text input field to enter randomly generated number as shown in image.

  d.  Submit to action page.

2.  On action page:

  a.  Test passed form field with session variable

    i.  On pass, then continue processing stuff

    ii. On fail, send back to form and generate new randomly generated
4-digit number, session variable, & image, and let user resubmit.

The problem is the image will not refresh. I am using the following code on
the form page:

<CFHEADER NAME="Expires" VALUE="#now()#">

<CFHEADER NAME="Pragma" VALUE="no-cache">

<CFHEADER NAME="cache-control" VALUE="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate">

If I do a ctrl-f5 in IE, then the proper image is displayed. So I guess what
I need to do is emulate the equivalent ctrl-f5.

Any ideas what I might do?

See a working example at: http://www.aftershockweb.com/test/

You will see the text representing the randomly generated number, the test
form, and the image with the randomly generated number. (You will need to do
the test at least twice to see the problem)

FYI: The purpose of this test is to verify a user came from a certain page
to protect from spammer robots.

Thank you,

Stan Winchester