I have a question about what the best practice would be for creating a
desktop application.  I do websites for some different bands, and they
all have an e-mail sign-up on their website.  Most of them also have
some kind of a paper sign-up at concerts for people to sign up for the
email list.  I was considering building an app that would run on a
desktop to allow people at concerts to enter their email address and
write it to a text or xml file that could then be uploaded to the
webserver and parsed into the database.

My question is what would be the best method to do this?  I was thinking
of doing the front end in Flash but I'm not sure how to write to a file
from there.  In theory, this app would need to work on a mac and a pc.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

John Burns