From: Michael T. Tangorre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 6 April 2004 1:06 p.m.
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: ColdFusion Coding Contest

> I don't get it.  What's the relevance of taking a text-book
> algorithm from
> CS101 and coding it in CF?
>
> Forget relevance.  It's not even interesting.

Actually it is one of the best ways to not only learn, but learn a variety
of approaches to a single problem. A lot of the assignments we did in
college (Kevin and I went to college together) were not always interesting,
in fact some were down right boring, but the lessons you learn along with
being able to see different approaches to solving problems was the desired
result. We did problems like a water billing program in Fortran, which was
not very interesting, but definitely helped us learn some more concepts and
put them into practice.

The idea behind the CF Coding contests are to do nothing more than give
people an opportunity to challenge themselves and eachother and hopefully
walk away knowing a little more then when they began; its all positive and
no one says you have to participate.

With that being said, anyone got suggestions for the next contest? :-)

Mike

  _____