Dan Farmer wrote:
> This may seem obvious but I have some fields that do represent money or
> dollars.
>
> Should I use ( int, varchar or money ) what advantages does 'money' have
> over 'int' ?

You should use numeric or decimal. Both are exact numeric types
which allows you to specify the precision. The main reason not to
use money is that it is not completely standardized, i.e. there
is no money type in the JDBC spec. Also, depending on your
requirements, using numeric and a separate column to store the
currency is more flexible when working with multiple currencies.

Jochem

--
I don't get it
immigrants don't work