> From: Tim Laureska
>
> Came across the code below in a store app and want to
> understand what it does.  It supposedly "releases the
> database", but I'm not sure exactly what that means:
>
> <cfset ResetODBCConnections = CFUSION_DBCONNECTIONS_FLUSH()>
> I'd appreciate any insight into what the above code
> actually/exactly does, where the
> "CFUSION_DBCONNECTIONS_FLUSH()" syntax comes from and how it
> works for odbc connections

To understand what this does, you have to first understand how ODBC
connectors work with databases

Normally (this can be set "off") an ODBC connector will open a database
and keep it open, meaning that it can't be accessed by another
application

This allows for faster accesses as it doesn't have to keep on re-opening
the database for every request

What the function does is force the ODBC connector to release it's hold
on the database, allowing you to either replace it, work with it using
other applications, change the database the ODBC connector is referring
to, etc.

It's an "undocumented feature", so it won't be in the manuals