On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 05:24, Thomas Chiverton wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 Apr 2004 03:24 am, Rob wrote:
> > dh = new DefaultHandler("messages");
>
> Ahh ha, cheers to you both :-)
>
> Dick mentions it is more stright forward in synch. mode - I assume this
> applies to the gubbins around the code for neuromancer, rather than to the
> neuromancer stuff itself ?

Yeah it's easier to handle in non-async mode (which is default if you
grab the new gateway.js file
(http://www.rohanclan.com/products/neuromancer/js/gateway.js). You would
do those steps no matter if in sync or async; however, in async the call
to the web service would launch into it's own thread.

With the new js lib you have to specifically set remote object factory
to async mode:

roFactory.setAsync(true);

I would recommend you do not set it into async until you've played
around a bit and get the feel for how it all works in sync mode (which
is more stable anyway). _javascript_ does not have very good handling of
threads (none really).

The goblins, as you so aptly named them :), are because you are dealing
with 2 different threads where as in sync mode you don't have to deal
with web service calls happening behind your programming back.

Have fun Thomas, let me know if you have any questions,
--
Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>