I was one of the people looking for a fix for this a few months ago. I see
this error when I try to RDS to a client's server.  Not sure if this is the
same issue.

I can't say for sure but, it looks like the RDS call does not time out. So,
if you have your Max number of connections set to 2 and you attempt to
connect via RDS twice you have no available "connections" and the server is
"dead" until someone dismisses the pop up messages.  I don't have access to
this server so most of this is second hand from the client and thus can not
test this theory.

I am not aware of any current fix for this. I have heard of a rumor that
there is a CFMX 6.1 service pack / hot fix roll up / point upgrade (not sure
what it will be officially be called) in the works and that issues like this
should be address by it.

Just out of curiosity do you have the Novell client installed on the server?

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer
-Network Administrator
  Vivid Media