The last couple years of my life as a CF developer have been plagued by
painful settings on their webserver. They established app mappings to force
all .htm and .html files to be parsed by CF so they could stick CF tags into
existing, previously-static pages and not have to change filenames to add
dynamic funcionality. Aside from the excess load on the sever, it worked
fine under CF5 for the past few years.

Last night I upgraded that webserver, finally, to CFMX 6.1 -- unfortunately,
the app mappings didn't carry over. I reset them to point to
C:\CFusionMX\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun.dll -- but that didn't do the
trick.

So then I edited the XML-based servlet mapping in the web.xml file, as per
instructions I found here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/tn18289.htm

Still no luck. But the strangest thing is I get a very vague, generic error
message. It just says: "Error Occurred While Processing Request" and gives
me the standard error box without any details other than my browser build
and IP address.

What happens is .cfm files parse and display fine. But .htm files throw that
error every time. If I rename a .htm file that contains no CF tags, and I
just change the extension to .cfm, it renders fine.

Does anyone know what I could be missing?

Thanks in advance for any help... I'm in kind of a hurry because I don't
want to back out of this upgrade but the sun has risen...

Brian