This is a variation on the recent thread where we discussed using link
references like page.cfm?foo=bar#spot.

In a framed environment, I have four JS functions that use rollovers to
populate another frame using syntax like:

function loadfn()
     {
      parent.empl_list.location = "alpha_fn.cfm";

I've put the functionality of all four templates I call like this into one
template. The new syntax should look like:

function loadfn()
     {
      parent.empl_list.location = "employee_list.cfm?sort=firstname";

The error description follows:

     Error in expression:

     url.sort = "thumbnail"

     Invalid conditional expression. Perhaps you are using = instead of EQ
or IS
     to compare values.

     The error occurred while processing an element with a general
identifier of
     (CFIF), occupying document position (2:1) to (2:29).

The correct template gets called, but when the first line,
which reads, "<cfif url.sort = "thumbnail">" is reached, the error occurs.

Any suggestions on how to code the javascript to pass the URL.SORT variable
properly? I've tried several variations, with no luck. I've tried escaping
both the question mark and equal sign, with the same results.

Thanks,
--John