That Is a big question...

For starters.

200 - 300 is a lot of sites for one server unless they are low traffic
sites.

How much traffic do you expect?

For this config I might look into clustering two or more CF servers  And,
running a tool like folder mirror to sync the files on the servers.  And,
maybe even an extra server for stand a long SQL server.

All of my servers have an OS partition, a data base file partition, web file
partition and a scratch file partition (raid 0). It may also be a good idea
to make an Apps partition depending on what you will be running on the
server(s).

If you need to supply stats and or keep IIS log files (Like I do) you may
even need to have a server for just log files or a large partition. One of
my clients have a large conference every three years and during the
conference the standard IIS log files will be about 200MB per day.

As far as securing IIS :

http://www.iisanswers.com/

You will be in fair shape if you use the "Security Operations Guide for
Windows 2000"

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f0b7b4ee-201a-4b40-
a0d2-cdd9775aeff8
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f0b7b4ee-201a-4b40
-a0d2-cdd9775aeff8&displaylang=en> &displaylang=en

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer
-Network Administrator
  Vivid Media