From: Alisa Thomson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 12:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Null Pointer from CFQUERY

I am testing out an application that we want to migrate to CFMX (currently
CF5).  I am getting a NullPointerException from one of my queries when I use
jConnect 5.5 (Sybase 12.5) instead of the Sybase driver that ships with
CFMX.  We want to use jConnect because all of our Java apps use that and we
ran into other issues with the driver that ships with CFMX.  Here is the
query:

  <CFQUERY NAME="NameTest" DATASOURCE="jConn">
                 SELECT FirstNme
                 FROM etrade..Bank
                 WHERE BankId = 'WF'
  </CFQUERY>

As you can see, there are no variables in the query so the
NullPointerException is not caused by an undefined var.  The FROM clause is
referencing a view that actually references another view in another
database.  We have other queries set up this same way that work fine under
jConnect 5.5. The stacktrace just says:

java.lang.NullPointerException

no other information.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

  _____