I thought I heard about a new service pack for CF too, but a few weeks about
Ben had this to say,

"The next planned version of ColdFusion is codenamed "Blackstone", and
version numbers, pricing, etc., have yet to be discussed at all.

But, and this is my own opinion here, I doubt that there will be another
maintenance release for CFMX any time soon. CFMX needed updates, which is
why we released service packs and then v6.1, But 6.1 has proven to be
reliable and solid and arguably one of the best ColdFusion's ever, and so a
maintenance release is unlikely.

Bottom line, use 6.1 now, and stay tuned for announcements from MM." - Ben
Forta February 23

CF-Talk - Subject: Re: Question regarding CFMX 6.2

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer
-Network Administrator
  Vivid Media