From: Robert Orlini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 11:05 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: limit display of text

I have a filed, #report.maint_report_task#, that will be displayed via a <cfoutput>. How can I display just a portion of what the field contains?

If it contains: "blah, blah, blah, blah" Because of display constraints, I want it to just display a portion with the three periods after it: "blah, blah...".

Does the trim function factor into this?

Robert O.
  _____