This is a topic that has come up several times in the past.  I have always discouraged it, opting to go with an application-level security model.  My question is, is it possible to pass the NT user authentication information directly to the SQL server thru CF?  The goal would be to have the SQL server handle the security of the data.  Any thoughts, ideas, comments on if this is possible and how, and if it's a good idea or not, and why?

TIA!