From: cf coder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 April 2004 9:18 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Locking Records!

Hell Everybody, I really need someone's help. I'm
working on a cf application with a sql backend. This
is an IT Logs database system. I am working on the
front end for the support desk. A support desk user
can view a log, add a new log or update a log. My
query is specific to viewing and updating a log. The
log information is pulled from the logs table. Now
then, a user can associate one or more assets to a
log. The asset information is in the asset table.

The asset info pop-up window pops up when the user
hits on the 'asset' button from the view logs page.
This is how the tables are linked. Each log has a
unique log_id. Each asset has a unique asset_id. This
asset_id is stored in the log table in the asset_id
column. If a user changes the asset information for a
particular asset, all logs that are associated with
this asset display the modified asset information.

Is it possible to lock a record, so that another user
can not edit delete this until you are finished with
it. He should however be allowed to view the record.

Can somebody please suggest different ways to go about
doing this? Some sample code would also be helpful

Best regards,
cfcoder